Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 3 : Paris, France

Since I think it will be awhile until we can all start traveling normally again, I started a style challenge on my Instagram where I will come up with projected outfits that I would wear if I were traveling to a certain place. I wrote all about the challenge in this blog post and also on my Instagram (@mylifeisashoe).

For day 3, we are traveling to Paris, France. I actually have spent some time in Paris. Right, after university, I lived there for about a year and it was amazing! I've been to Paris several times before that about three times : on two short trips with family and also for about a couple weeks for a study tour in the second year of my university. For the first two short trips, I honestly thought Paris was way over rated. I really could not see why everyone kept romanticizing it and making it such a big deal. It was only when I got to spend more time there, on my third visit for the study tour that I was hooked. That was largely why I decided to spend my year abroad there after university (instead of Spain which was expected and also what my two sisters chose!). I guess I just wanted something different plus that study tour trip really got me longing for more Paris! Living there for a year was not enough! I want to go back!



Outfit 1 
I've always wanted to wear a blazer as a top! And with jeans and heels. Sadly it is way too hot to do so here in my home so I'm wearing it to this virtual trip to Paris instead. I realized that this blazer did not have buttons so I had to pin it and last minute decided to add a thrifted brooch to jazz it up! I wore some dark heeled pumps to finish it off. I absolutely love this look! It's such an easy effortless look that would look so chic and at home in the streets of Paris. 


Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 3 : Paris, France



Outfit 2

Since I imagine I'll be going to Paris in late May, the weather would just be starting to get sunny and warm. This dress would be perfect for sightseeing as it's lightweight. I would cinch it with a belt and wear my pretty Sala Chaussures weekender flats!


Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 3 : Paris, France


Outfit 3
When I lived  that year in Paris - I found that I had never had an easier laundry load - it was because I was  always in head to toe black! Monochromatic black looks were pretty much my uniform there and also up to this present time (although a lot lesser than before). So I was thinking, why not bring it back to Paris. I mean how can you not wear all black there?  Monochromatic black outfits need not be boring provided you accessorize it  well and wear interesting silhouettes (see my post about dressing up all black looks HERE.) In this outfit, I accessorized with my snakeskin print Marilyn flats from my shoe line Sala Chaussures and this beautiful white shelled sunglasses I found at a fair in San Francisco. Understated drop earrings and a big black bag complete the look.



Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 3 : Paris, France


I'm loving all my Paris outfits and I am really wishing I could go! What would you guys wear to Paris?


For those wanting to join the challenge: just use the hashtags : #travelingthroughoutfits and #virtualtraveloutfits and I’ll share some of the outfits if anybody is going to join! Haha

You can follow the places I’m tackling or choose ones of your own! I’ll be doing a mix of places I’ve been to before and also ones I’ve never been to. You can join this challenge anytime you feel like it, there's no strict time frame!

These are the places for those who want to follow:

Day 7 Hanoi, Vietnam

I've also been updating these so it includes a link to the posts that I've already done!

I can’t wait to see all the outfits!




*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.


Comments

  1. I love all of these outfits, they are gorgeous!!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love your Paris outfits. They are very beautiful.

    New Post - https://www.bibliothequeduparfums.com/2020/05/summer-fragrances-2019.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfits dear especially the dress <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and comfortable outfits. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris is one of my favourite cities and I have visited many times. Your outfits certainly would be right at home there. I too am a fan of an all black outfit and never find them boring , it is always about shape and texture for me.
    Jill
    Grown-upglamour

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are beautiful outfits dear! totally love the second one
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun virtual trip! I'd love to take some time and plan outfits for something like this! Great idea and fabulous outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea for a post! I went to Paris in 2010 and took all clothes that I didn't want anymore -I left most of them behind in a tidy pile with a "Keep or donate" sign on them, in Paris and in London. I had so much room in my suitcase! I did the same thing when we went to Italy about 5 years ago. I like simple outfits and pieces that can mix and match - a very stark contrast to my day-to-day outfits, which are mostly over the top.

    Love your shoes - I am very much a shoe gal! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the head to toe black idea for Paris. So chic!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Paris two years ago and cannot wait to go back! All of these outfits are so chic! The belted dress is my favorite!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment