Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 5 : New York, USA

Since I think it will be awhile until we can all start traveling normally again, I started a style challenge on my Instagram where I will come up with projected outfits that I would wear if I were traveling to a certain place. I wrote all about the challenge in this blog post and also on my Instagram (@mylifeisashoe).

For Day 5, I am virtually traveling back to New York again. I have been to New York a few times and it took my third visit (which was last April 2019) to make me fall in love with the city. Just like Paris, the third time was definitely the charm! For some reason, these two big cities that are beloved by millions were an acquired taste for me. It was only when I spent longer periods of time that I learned to love them! Though I did not spend as long as a time in New York than in Paris, I still stayed 7 days and that was more than enough days compared to my first two visits! This last visit was a memorable one too as I was with my cousins and we had such a great time!

We went around springtime and I figured I would go back again around the same time or maybe towards the end of summer when the weather would start to become cool again. The perfect time to wear trench coats and a few light layers!

Outfit 1
I got this trench coat at that last trip and barely got to wear it so I am looking forward to wearing it again! I wish I had my beige version of this (unfortunately it is at the dry cleaners) because I was definitely inspired by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's! However, I think black trench coats are just as chic and timeless so this one will do for the first outfit. I wore it with black pants and my Audrey flats (how perfect right?) from my shoe line Sala Chaussures.

LIFE IS A SHOE TRAVELING THROUGH OUTFITS NEW YORK


Outfit 2
I tend to stick to one color palette when I travel and the palette that I usually go to for traveling to the bigger cities like NY and Paris are black and white and denim. This outfit represents my entire color palette! I layered a black sweater over this white frill sleeved top for an extra added element of style. I would also wear my Veronica mules from Sala Chaussures  as they go with anything basically and are so pretty and stylish!


LIFE IS A SHOE TRAVELING THROUGH OUTFITS NEW YORK


Outfit 2
I've always wanted to wear a cardigan tucked into pants or jeans. I think it looks way more modern then wearing it over a dress or top or tying it over your shoulders. I cinched my jeans with a belt and wore some black pumps for a simple yet stylish New York outfit!

LIFE IS A SHOE TRAVELING THROUGH OUTFITS NEW YORK


What would you guys wear to New York?


For those wanting to join the challenge: just use the hashtags : #travelingthroughoutfits and #virtualtraveloutfits and I’ll share some of the outfits if anybody is going to join! Haha


You can follow the places I’m tackling or choose ones of your own! I’ll be doing a mix of places I’ve been to before and also ones I’ve never been to. You can join this challenge anytime you feel like it, there's no strict time frame!

These are the places for those who want to follow:

Day 7 Hanoi, Vietnam

I've also been updating these so it includes a link to the posts that I've already done!

I can’t wait to see all the outfits!




*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.


Comments

  1. I love your outfits, I really like the idea of wearing a cardigan tucked into jeans too!

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such great looks! Loving that coat on you! And such beautiful sleeves on the second look!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cute yet comfy outfits, which is right up my alley! Love the shoes too!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment