Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day Two : Jaipur, India

Since I think it will be awhile until we can all start traveling normally again, I started a style challenge on my Instagram where I will come up with projected outfits that I would wear if I were traveling to a certain place. I wrote all about the challenge in this blog post and also on my Instagram (@mylifeisashoe).

Today we are virtually traveling to Jaipur India. I missed the India family trip because that was the exact time I was starting my first ever job and I couldn't not be absent for two weeks. Ever since that missed trip I have have been wanting to go! I hear India is so beautiful and so exotic plus they have the best accessories ever! My sister got me some beautiful and intricate Indian bangles and necklaces and ever since then I've been hooked! I'm always looking to buy more Indian style jewelry now! Anyway, I specifically picked Jaipur because well, to be honest it's because it is  where she found some of the best accessories in their markets. But also, I think Jaipur is such a gorgeous city - lavish palaces all in rose pink and amazing forts perched atop a hill are just some of the attractions to see!

As usual I picked three outfits to wear. None of them have a specific event or activity that I had in mind, they are all mostly lightweight clothes that I could possibly wear out while touring but at the same time to meals at night.

Outfit 1
The pants are the ultimate MC hammer pants! I got these years and years ago on another family trip to Sri Lanka and have only worn it once - as part of a "she-genie" costume one Halloween. I think it's high time I wear it out and about, don't you think? Since it has all these beautiful details and design elements, I decided to to keep it simple with a plain white fitted top, one Indian style bangle and my Sala Chaussures swandals in champagne (one of the first colors we ever did for this popular style!)

Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day Two : Jaipur, India

Outfit 2
This piece is another one I picked up from my travels that I never wore. This is a batik dress from Yogyakarta,Indonesia and I thought it would be cute layered over the same white fitted top. This dress has a really interesting cut and drop, it kind of falls with a lot of cloth in the front like drapes so I thought I would gather it up and cinch it with this thrifted brooch! And of course finished it off with my Sala Chaussures swandals again, this time in camel.

Life Is A Shoe Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day Two : Jaipur, India

Outfit 3
I am assuming India will be really hot at this time so I am continuing with the lightweight material and wearing this plain white cotton dress layered over pants. I accessorized with huge statement earrings. These earrings are also Indian style that I found randomly at a bazaar in Manila. I love them! They totally just close out the whole look! I also topped it with a black velvet headband and wore the black versions of the swandals. 

Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day Two : Jaipur, India

These swandals from my shoe line are actually super comfortable and I love how they go perfectly with all of my India outfits!  would no doubt bring and wear them when the day comes to actually visiting India. I would absolutely be wearing them walking around - I have already tried and tested them walking all day in a couple of trips. I love that they are as functional as they are stylish!


What’s everyone planning to wear if they’re going to Jaipur?



For those wanting to join the challenge: just use the hashtags : #travelingthroughoutfits and #virtualtraveloutfits and I’ll share some of the outfits if anybody is going to join! Haha

You can follow the places I’m tackling or choose ones of your own! I’ll be doing a mix of places I’ve been to before and also ones I’ve never been to. You can join this challenge anytime you feel like it, there's no strict time frame!

These are the places for those who want to follow:

Day 7 Hanoi, Vietnam

I've also been updating these so it includes a link to the posts that I've already done!



I can’t wait to see all the outfits!





*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.

Comments

  1. Nice challenge idea. All of this outfits are very fitting of the occasion. Didn't realize that she shoes were the same style until I scrolled back up, love it! Hope that you get to travel there soon.
    www.NancyUgo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of outfits are so beautiful, but my favorite is second. That dress look amazing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/06/kerastase-resistance-ciment-thermique.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these chic looks and those sandals are so cool!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great challenge!! And yes your outfits remind Indian places!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this idea, it's such a fun way to play around with your wardrobe. I think all of the outfits look amazing but I love the last one x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment