Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 6 : Beirut, Lebanon

Since I think it will be awhile until we can all start traveling normally again, I started a style challenge on my Instagram where I will come up with projected outfits that I would wear if I were traveling to a certain place. I wrote all about the challenge in this blog post and also on my Instagram (@mylifeisashoe).

Day 6 is virtually taking me to Beirut, Lebanon. I've been intrigued by Beirut ever since I heard it was the "Paris of the Middle East". Lebanon also has some of the oldest cities and civilizations in the world. Everything about it just sounds so exotic and quite mystical! I can't wait to make it out there for real on day!


Outfit 1


I've always wanted to own a "terno" top and now I've finally gotten one! I couldn't wait to wear it so I decided to wear it to my virtual travel trip to Beirut! For those that don't know what a terno is : here in the Philippines it generally refers to a traditional Filipino dress - most especially with sleeves like these. It's also sometimes referred to as the "Maria Clara" dress. Anyway, a lot of local brands and designers have made modern designs of the terno, turning them them into tops so that it can be worn in everyday wear. I love it so much! More about this terno top and ways to style it in another post! Anyway, this is my way of injecting color into my Beirut wardrobe and I am wearing it with brown pants and my camel swandals from Sala Chaussures.  


Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 6 : Beirut, Lebanon

Outfit 2

What travel outfit wardrobe wouldn't be complete without an all black ensemble? I decided to wear these black jogger pants because I love the way it falls on the ankles creating more dimension to an otherwise plain monochromatic look. I am again pairing it with my Sala Chaussures swandals, this time in the champagne color. Also threw in a gold Indian style bangle and drop earrings.

Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 6 : Beirut, Lebanon

Outfit 3
Nothing says chic more than a classic striped top and flared pleated skirt combo! I broke up the look with this belt to make the look more interesting. For footwear,  I am wearing another old style from my shoe brand (which I am seriously considering re-releasing because I love them so much!).

Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week Day 6 : Beirut, Lebanon



For those wanting to join the challenge: just use the hashtags : #travelingthroughoutfits and #virtualtraveloutfits and I’ll share some of the outfits if anybody is going to join! Haha

You can follow the places I’m tackling or choose ones of your own! I’ll be doing a mix of places I’ve been to before and also ones I’ve never been to. You can join this challenge anytime you feel like it, there's no strict time frame!

These are the places for those who want to follow:

Day 7 Hanoi, Vietnam

I've also been updating these so it includes a link to the posts that I've already done!

I can’t wait to see all the outfits!




*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.



Comments