The Monthly Shoesletter : Should We Still Dress Up?

The past two years have felt like a slump somewhat - well we all know what went on in those two years so I shan't even bother mentioning it. I know there were HUGE world problems and EVERYONE was part of it on top of  having their own personal problems.  So I don't know if it's even in my place to sound like I'm moaning about other more "shallow" things.


I am of course talking about fashion and outfits and etc. This topic has been floating around my head for the last few years. Should we still dress up? Should we still care about fashion and shopping? Is it somehow all meaningless and pointless now?

For some weird reason, while everyone I knew was telling me that during the pandemic, they've resigned themselves to wearing workout or comfortable clothes - just because they didn't see the point in dressing up since nobody was going anywhere, it made me even want to get dressed up more. The weekly grocery and essential runs were my excuses to wear all the clothes and shoes  I've been neglecting. I also didn't stop the shopping. Even if I wasn't sure what the situation would be like, it made me even want to buy and support more local and small fashion brands. My fashion YouTube channel was also born and I started posting more outfits on my Instagram too. I know it probably seemed weird at that time because, who and what am I dressing up for? But you know what, over that time I was also always telling myself that we don't even have to have a reason or a specific person to dress up for. Dress up for yourself! Dress up for the fact that you're alive everyday and breathing despite all that's happening. Now that I think about it, I realized that maybe I have always been unconsciously advocating that to myself because well to be quite honest, even before the pandemic, it's not like I always had anywhere special to go either. LOL. I just like dressing up, putting together outfits and supporting local and indie brands.



I also want to champion the development of personal style. All my channels and socials aren't just outlets where I get dressed in cute little outfits, I also want to give back all these outfit ideas and encouragement to anyone who wants to find their personal style or wants to get dressed up for no reason at all. That's what I hope to bring to the table with all my hankering for fashion and getting dressed up.

To get back to my original point and question, Should we still dress up? Yes! BUT also, the bottom-line of it all is that we should be able to dress up however way we want. Trends and other people shouldn't dictate how we want to doll ourselves up everyday. If you want to live in sweats that's fine. If you want to wear skyscrapers heels to your dentist then that's great too! Clothes are like a medium to showcase who you are and also how you feel each day. Embrace your individuality and what makes you unique.  Leaving here something I tweeted sometime last year that perfectly sums up my sentiments on dressing up and etc :



Find me here:


YouTube : My Life Is A Shoe

Instagram: @mylifeisashoe

Pinterest : www.pinterest.ph/celynps

Tiktok : My Life Is A Shoe

My shoe line : www.salachaussures.com


*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.

Comments