Outfit Breakdown : Statement Sleeves


I've been looking for ways to have variety in my wardrobe. I pretty much gravitate towards the same things all the time : black or white colored tops and dresses, stripes, lots and lots of stripes and polka dots. Those are mostly the colors and prints I wear. I decided that purchasing some statement tops is one way to break out of my usual mold. Although I may or may not have a million and one striped things in my closet  - I still fell in love with this top and thought it was a unique addition to my closet because of its design and  sleeves. Not only do they flare out into gorgeous huge butterfly sleeves, they feature hand stitched smocked elements in the upper half of the arm. This shirt is from a local brand in the Philippines called Good Luck Humans. I  always love finding and wearing locally hand made and designed gems because they are always the most unique.


I paired the top with just white shorts and my yellow marigold mules from my shoe line Sala Chaussures. I just kept the rest of the outfit simple since the star of the show is this top!





 

Comments

  1. Those sleeves are amazing and totally make a statement on their own. It is hard to diversify but one of my favorite patterns that's completely neutral is leopard. Also, I love adding color with shoes, as you did here, hairbands, purses, or scarves at this time of year.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sleeves pack a punch! Love it! I also like that you kept the rest of the outfit simple, so that the attention goes directly to those beautiful sleeves. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Loving the oversized bell sleeve. So dramatic!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute look. I find it hard to find things I like in stripes--this top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a statement sleeve. I like how you styled them.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sleeves are awesome!! Great style!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful top! I love the statement sleeves! :)

    Hope that you had a great weekend :) Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment