Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance

Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo


Welcome to another episode of  "Style Breakdown" and this time I am breaking down Olivia Palermo's style. I mean who has not heard of Olivia Palermo and her style? She's been somewhat of a style icon, since probably ten years ago. She rose to popularity on a reality show, The City. I know, I know,  reality shows plus fashion honestly do not always go well together, but I think Olivia is the exception since she has always been so chic. I'm willing to bet that most people watched the show just to check out her outfits!


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo

In almost every interview, when asked about her style, Olivia would always say her style was "eclectic". To be quite honest, there was a time when I really hated that word. I always thought it was used by pretentious people who wanted to sound cool. But eclectic actually means "deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources." And I think Olivia embodies it perfectly - but done so elegantly and timelessly. Thus the title of this post and also dubbing her the Queen of eclectic elegance.


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo

I've been following Olivia for as long as she's been in the spotlight and have pinned quite a number of her looks on my Pinterest account. It's a LOT of photos but remember I've been pinning for years and years. As with other style breakdown posts, I'm sharing this Olivia Palermo Style pinterest board where you can visit to see more photos of her outfits. That way you guys can also see just how far back her "chic-ness" goes and reference her older outfits - which I think are all mostly timeless by the way! They still give a lot of inspiration for outfit ideas in case you guys are looking for any!
Some notes on her style:


Embracing the new normal so very fashionably



She has been snapped out and about on her essential errands still dressed to the nines and wearing pretty silk scarves as a mask. It's totally something I want to be doing too! Just a precaution in case anybody wants to try it out : I asked my doctor friends about this and if they are effective.They said that it might not be as secure as a normal mask so if you want to follow Olivia, then they suggest wearing a real mask underneath and putting the scarf over it, just as an accessory. This is just a suggestion but please do ask your local doctors or check out the advice of local health organizations!



Everyday tasks are still occasions for dressing up



Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance



I think Olivia's dog walking outfits have become a thing now. Every time she walks her very cute dog, she always still looks put together. Which means that in her book, doing errands and random tasks are not an excuse to dress like a slob. And I agree 100 percent! I'm not saying that you should put out a fashion show but rather, I think there is still a way to look decent when you're doing menial tasks. A trick of Olivia is to wear really nice statement sunglasses. I feel like this hack can make any outfit look fashionable. Even if she's in gym clothes, I noticed she always wears a statement pair or sunnies and that one little element elevates a whole look.



Accessories make a lot of impact


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo




Even if Olivia wears the most amazing statement designer pieces that most of us can only hope to have or dream of, I noticed a lot of her accessories are what make her outfit. Like I mentioned in the last point, just as a pair of sunnies can elevate a plain gym look, so can a cuff or necklace elevate a plain jeans and shirt look. Olivia also has the most amazing shoes and wear a variety of them from sneakers to heels to oxfords and mules. Accessories are the least expensive way to upgrade any look and also to make it look like you have a ton of outfit options.


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance



Master at mixing but staying cohesive at the same time


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo

Olivia is known to be a mix master. I can't remember which blog or publication, but in it somebody wrote those exact words describing her style. Looking at all her outfits I think those are still the exact same words that will come to anyone's mind. She's a master at mixing prints and color but at the same time still making it look cohesive. And always elegant. It's not random and does not look like she's just throwing on whatever stuff hoping it will look okay. Her outfits are all very well edited and curated, like a true style setter. And somehow, still effortless.


Style Breakdown : Olivia Palermo the Queen of Eclectic Elegance
Instagram : Olivia Palermo


What do you guys think of Olivia Palermo's Style? Don't forget to check out my pinterest board for more outfit inspirations from one of my favorite style setters!





*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.



Comments

  1. She has had some very stylish outfits! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend :) We aren't doing much, staying home and staying warm with that cold winter weather that's here!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment