I Started A Style Challenge : I'm Going To Be Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week



I Started A Style Challenge : I'm Going To Be Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week
Photo taken in Yerevan, Armenia in May 2014. Wearing my Sala Chaussures Pegasus heels


It's been roughly, oh I don't know, two or three months since we've been staying home? These days, the most exciting places to go to are groceries, pharmacies and food shops and the only activities we are allowed to do are basically to run out and get essentials. I mean I am not complaining, it's way more important that we stay home, so as not to compromise the safety of others and also our healthcare system. It's just such a wonder to see how the world has changed basically overnight. Even as lockdown measures are eased, I fear that not everything will go back to normal - at least not exactly how it used to be like before, pre-covid. One of the biggest changes that occurred is the effect that it has on traveling. Is anybody  even hopping on a plane right now? I really cannot tell you exactly when we can all safely travel again so I thought I would start a challenge right at home to travel through outfits. 


I Started A Style Challenge : I'm Going To Be Traveling Through Outfits The Whole Week
Photo taken in Yerevan, Armenia in May 2014. Wearing my Sala Chaussures Pegasus heels


I got the inspiration from seeing my cousin's post about how it was like  she was traveling through food and cooking cuisines from different parts of the world. I was also browsing through this cookbook that I got as a gift and it had French Caribbean recipes and that's when I realized that I so,so badly wanted to go to Guadeloupe and Martinique. So this idea for a challenge formed in my mind. I was thinking - what about virtually traveling through our outfits???


Also, I realized as it's May right now, it is usually the time my family and I would travel, ever since I was kid! May is the month when my sisters and I were all born and since it was the summer season here and we were never big on the parties, my family would travel abroad instead.


This style challenge will be on my Instagram but I will be posting about it here on the blog too! Everyday this week, I will choose a country that I will "virtually" travel to and come up with a few projected outfits I would wear if I were going. Any one of my readers are welcome to join, just use the hashtags : #travelingthroughoutfits and #virtualtraveloutfits. You can also tag me @mylifeisashoe so that I can share some of your looks!

I'll be tackling these countries:

May 25 : French Carribean, specifically Guadeloupe and Martinique
May 26 : Jaipur, India
May 27 : Paris, France
May 28 : Tulum, Mexico
May 29 : New York, USA
May 30 : Beirut, Lebanon
May 31 : Hanoi Vietnam

For those who are joining, you can choose to follow the places and countries I'm tackling per day or choose your own country, doesn't matter! I'll ll be posting my outfit ideas daily on my Instagram as well as posting a daily post together with a curated Pinterest board.


I can’t wait to see all the outfits!




*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.


Comments

  1. Great challenge and I love the photos! so very stylish! nice lbd too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah very inspiring and so fun and clever, thanks for posting :)

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment