Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt

Wow I really am on a roll with this "Outfit Breakdown" series! And to think that I am just at home, on enhanced quarantine like everyone else. I have absolutely nowhere to go to and dress up for yet this is the second straight "Outfit Breakdown" post I am doing. And I have many more to come. Haha. 

Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt


I know that to some people it may seem a bit shallow to keep posting and talking about outfits at a time like this but I think it's still important to do things that make you happy however small. There's a fashion YouTuber that  I follow, Beth Jones and she said something about how important it is to keep the magic alive by always playing dress up. I love that she is still coming up with so much style and fashion content consistently. Yes, I know fashion is not the priority in the world right now, I know that personal style is not going to save us and I honestly have no idea what it's going to be like after all this is over. But no matter the situation and era you find your life in, there's always bound to be a tiny corner for fashion, beauty and art.  There will always be a space for style no matter what happens in the world and why not be in that particular corner if you chose to.

Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt


This blog, asides from covering and coveting pretty shoes, is also about developing personal style and sharing some outfit ideas. I hope it also becomes a space where you and anybody can find ideas when  stuck in a fashion rut, encourage you to develop your own personal style (if you so desire) or inspire you to pursue fashion and style interests. It's also going to become a space for me to be able to pursue and appreciate items from more indie and local brands and designers -as an indie label myself and also to hunt for and wear more vintage and thrifted pieces. Fashion and style need not be expensive, all you need is attitude and a taste for it!

Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt


Anyway, sorry for that epiphany. Let's get back to the outfit! I bought this gorgeous khaki skirt at the sale racks in a COS store in New York last year. I've heard of the brand before then but it was only when I actually managed to grab a piece or two (on sale!) during that same trip that I officially fell in love. I am dying to own more stuff from them! This skirt has such a great cut, falls beautifully  and  reminded me of something from the forties or fifties. I wore it with the same mock neck from the last outfit and decided a pop of turquoise would complete the outfit. I also wore this huge bangle that I've had on forever (a nice little local handicraft) and since the trimmings on it were silver, I wore tiny silver ball drop earrings.


Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt

Outfit Breakdown : Finally Wearing My COS Skirt



What's everyone wearing on quarantine?



*** Shoes from my shoe line are unfortunately only  available
 for shipping in the Philippines.


Comments

  1. Those shoes are to die for! I love the color and cute bow detail!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... so important to keep the magic alive even through these tough times.
    You look amazing! Love your skirt.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit! =)
    https://antonellabasile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I think it's fun to get dressed up even though we can't go anywhere right now. I love your shoes! Such a pretty color!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful skirt and the shoes are very chic. You look fantastic. I agree that it is important to have fun with fashion if it is something that makes one happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty outfit - love the shoes!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful skirt. I like colour and shape as well as how you style it.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/04/nikel-eye-cream-with-chestnut_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit! I find that dressing normally during quarantine really helps to keep my mood up. Hope this ends soon.

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see anything wrong with planning outfits and dressing up to feel good during this time! I love your skirt and shoes here.

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love bow shoes!! Actually anything that has a bow :)
    I've bought a few pieces for the post lockdown . Hopefully we will get an opportunity to go away at some point this year. xx

    Elegant Duchess xx
    Stay Home, Stay Grateful, Stay Safe
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are amazing! I just love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous outfit - I love the style of that skirt! I've been looking for a great, short-sleeved, mock-neck top. I remember I had one at one point (probably going through my closet piece-by-piece will help me dig up things I haven't seen in a while) and I can't imagine that I gave it away :/ And those bowed mules! Those are awesome and I love the pop of color it brings to an otherwise-neutral outfit. And the bracelet is the perfect finishing touch. I'm going to head back and have a look at a couple of your previous posts too!

    Ruth
    VogueFauxReal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment