Skip to main content

Sala Chaussures : The King Tut Weekender

King Tut


Doesn't this shoe remind you of something or someone? The distinctive blue and gold stripes can only be seen on great leaders of a certain ancient civilization. I don't think it can get any more obvious! The Pre-holiday 2014 theme for my shoe line Sala Chaussures is all about the Egyptian civilization.
I'm madly in love and fascinated with this. Everything the Egyptians do from their rituals, to their attire and to the way they bury the dead (mummies!) are so, so cool. This shoe is called The King Tut, short for King Tutankhamen. He was the child pharaoh who died a most mysterious death. The gold and blue headrdress is very commonly seen in any representation of this country. In ancient Egypt, the Pharaoh's beard was considered to be a divine attribute of the Gods, whose close plaited beards resembled lapiz lazuli. Even some ancient queens wore them! This is what we wanted the shoe to represent!

King Tut

King Tut

King Tut

The King Tut has blue straps with a 4.5 inch block heel with gold and blue synthetic leather. The braided silk rope completes the whole look of the shoe.

What do you guys think?

Find this HERE.

Follow Lifes a shoe



email me: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com

pinterest: lifeisashoe

Comments

  1. It's beautiful, I love it so much more knowing the backstory and inspiration, very interesting!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty!
    Thanks for your comment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really amazing!
    Xoxo,
    Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find THE most interesting shoes! I dont know how you do it but they always blow me away. I'd love to see these actually paired with an outfit- im so curious to see how the woman would style it.

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Son muy bonitas !!!
    http://nohayedadparalamoda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shoes, so original and colorful. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, stunning shoe. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sexy Stiletto Saturdays : Oscar Tiye

The two circles found at the back of this shoe really reminds me of Mickey Mouse. Don't you guys think so? It's pretty cute actually! Other than that, this pair is actually a really very sexy pair of stilettos. It has a gorgeous black satin texture, dainty straps and a beautiful high stiletto heel. What do you guys think?

Olgana Paris Dahlia Suede Ankle Wrap Sandal

I've mentioned several times here just how much I am loving the low block heel. I've featured the style several times and even my own shoe line Sala Chaussures have made several versions of it. I am very much partial to the more feminine and dainty versions and I love that other designers are coming out with so many pretty styles like these ones from Olgana Paris. I love the gorgeous blush color plus the flower embellishment adds just the right element of femininity and the dangling leaves on the ankle straps finishes up the whole shoe perfectly. What do you guys think of this Pair?

Sergio Rossi Velvet Beaded Heel D'orsay Pump

Opulent and decadent are two words I would use to describe this pair from Sergio Rossi. It features gorgeous deep purple velvet uppers with the back part and block heel covered almost entirely in beads. Even with all those factors, I still think this pair is extremely wearable, I would totally wear these with jeans and a white shirt!! It  is such a gorgeous pair! What do you guys think?